Cymbiotika DHA is derived from indoor-grown, non-GMO, wild strain algae. During the extraction process, our algae’s precious cell wall is gently cracked using clean filtered warm water. This method of extraction is critical to keeping the integrity of the DHA intact. Cymbiotika is against the use of all neurotoxic solvents such as hexane or methane. Once the cell wall releases it’s fluid, it is then mixed with the most powerful anti-oxidant in the world- Astaxanthin. This defines synergy.
Astaxanthin is called the king of the carotenoids, a class of fat-soluble pigments. It is what makes Salmon and Flamingos turn pink, and lobsters and crab red. It is nature's strongest antioxidant! This is especially important with a molecule as unstable as omega-3 DHA, which can easily oxidize and turn rancid. Cymbiotika DHA contains the perfect amount of astaxanthin to protect it from breaking down. It is 6,000 times more potent than vitamin C and 550 times stronger than vitamin E at protecting from free radicals. Beware of DHA supplements that only contain vitamin E, as that is not enough to protect it.
That is the protection inside of this bottle. Once in our tissues, Astaxanthin places itself next to DHA and will sacrifice itself if DHA is at risk.
DHA with Astaxanthin creates a powerful synergy.
Astaxanthin has been shown in clinical studies to:
- Improve blood flow
- Decrease blood pressure
- Balancing LDL and HDL cholesterol levels
- Support brain, eye, heart and lung health
- Prevent dementia, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, diabetic neuropathy, gastrointestinal diseases, liver diseases, male infertility and acute renal failure
- Offer neuroprotection
- Protects against ultraviolet radiation damage
- Decrease C-reactive protein
- Protects against age related macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, retinal arterial occlusion, cystoid macular edema and inflammatory eye diseases
- Reduce incidence and proliferation of chemical-induced cancer of the oral cavity, urinary bladder and colon